Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Lake Tahoe

Yes, I've invested in narcissism to the point of a lifelong romance. But look, I'm going to Lake Tahoe in two weeks from now! And I'm trying to be positive about going to this incredibly romantic place by myself.

Picture this:
A boat on a lake. Gorgeous forest of delicious, crisp air pine trees-ness (that doesn't make sense. Its just how I feel). Pure and clean emerald water. Its midnight. The sky is overwhelming. Its enormous and crystal clear. Piercingly brilliant stars everywhere. The lake is gently moving the boat beneath you... Swaying and rocking you. The comforting smell of barbecuing and camp fires drift out to the boat from the shore. The sound of the water hitting the boat is all you can hear.

This scene is going to go from potential glorious surreal-ness of romantic sweetness to pure torture-ous hell. Why? Because I will be with myself and my parentals- whom I love dearly- but honestly!!!

I wish there was a store that sold people for "vacation purposes." Where the people they sell are madly in love with you and you with them. And where they were sold at a good reasonable price ranging around the value of $10.00.




20 Comments:

Blogger Adams Avenue said...

you'd be in luck if male prostitution was legal ;)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

"Yes, I've invested in narcissism to the point of a lifelong romance"

I think it was Wilde who said: if you learn to love yourself, you are embarking on the greatest, lifelong romance...

1:34 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

Very good.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sealegs said...

i love oscar wilde! hilarious, perfectly tasteful wit... i'd embark with him anytime.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Adams Avenue said...

Seriously Em - just ASK him to go with you . . . . why pout when you can get what you want?

2:02 PM  
Blogger Sealegs said...

no way. he won't come. its over.

i need something fresh, new, and sexy. it would be soooooooo ackward if he came anyway. and i think i'm a little tainted right now. just weirded out a little bit.

however, i still love our memories. and he is sexy as effin shissy hell and we can't deny that, can we?

2:19 PM  
Blogger Adams Avenue said...

Your swear words crack me up like crazy. effin shissy hell? Now that's comedy.

I'm sorry its over - but that's what you're feeling and you cannot deny yourself.

Just take the other Jake :)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Adams Avenue said...

Em- I don't feel like going to the Gym tonight. . . I need motivation . . .

2:36 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

" I'd embark with him anytime."

Yes, but would he embark with you?

2:37 PM  
Blogger Sealegs said...

hermes--

em: "soph, would oscar wilde embark with me?"

soph: "yeah... he would..."

and that solves it. soph knows everything.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

Now that I think about it...I think he would too.

If anone could convince old Oscar to switch teams it'd probably be you.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Sealegs said...

I'm grateful to you for having confidence in me without a visual...

7:08 AM  
Blogger Hermes said...

You'd seduce him with your mind... and your clever words.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Adams Avenue said...

I think she'd seduce him with her body!!

Poor Oscar wouldn't know what hit him.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Hermes said...

A keen mind, a hard body, and booty shorts... wow. A lethal combination.

You know, I think she could seduce fucking Elton John.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Sealegs said...

Hermes.. do you have a hard body?

9:55 AM  
Blogger Sealegs said...

you don't have to answer that.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Hermes said...

I care about my appearance. I'm vain and I'm metrosexual. I work out daily.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Sealegs said...

yes!!! that pleases me.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Sealegs said...

i work out every morning. i'm a nut. i'm going to be running a marathon in september.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home