Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Girl*Friends

I have two best girl friends. We grew up in the suburbs of Holladay. Skinny little maniacs. Thats what we were. We've been friends since first grade. The three of us. It's always been the three of us.

We were completely imaginative little girls. Full of life and energy... always. And its been fun to see have we grown up, what we've gone through, and where we are going.

Susie (Zeus): Skinniest girl you'll ever meet. Tall and skinny as a rail. You think she is skinny now?? You should have seen her as a little girl! Skin and bone, legs up to her neck. Love it. Susie was dorky little gangly thing with braces and glasses and funky bangs. Of course I didn't notice at the time. She was always very cute to me. She was susie.

Susie has always been studious and ambitious. Slways doing something, learning something, going somewhere. Trendy in her own way. But not materialistic.

It was fun to see susie change in high school. She grew breasts. Got rid of the bangs, the braces, and glasses. She had long blond hair down to her tiny tiny waist. She was/is gorgeous. It was very fun to see such a change.

She modeled and did runway during high school and college. She graduated in English and Political Science. She currently is working in DC (which is where I am right now). She's a hard core rock climber! And she loves everything hippy-ish/ granola-ish. She loves anything "intellectual." She likes being sexy ( I know this because she gives me tips on my underwear choices). She usually gets way into whatever the guy she is dating is into. Which is very cute. I predict that she will end up marrying Jason Devilliers (?) , continue rock climbing, working, and have 2 babies. ;)

My favorite thing about susie is how skinny she is and how much she can eat. Its absolutely remarkable. It really is. She's very funny about it because she knows that most people think she's anorexic- only if you don't know her. So she totally packs it in when people are around. seriously... this girl is an eating machine!

Liz (Pissy or Noel): Liz has great big blue eyes, full lips, beautiful skin, and an overall greek look to her. She has always has long, dark hair. Except for now. She cut it. But I've always known her as Liz with the beautiful long thick hair. She went through her dorky times also. She blossomed like the rest of us in high school. Suddenly she was this totally strikingly gorgeous girl. Guys have always been gaga bout' her.

My favorite thing about Liz is how incredibly passionate and dramatic she is. Its great. I remember in school when it was Liz's turn to give her report. I would get way excited. Liz doesn't give a report with words only. She gives an "interpretive dance-report." Seriously. Totally hilarious. This girl moves. She would literally dance around the front of the room as she gave her talk... it was SO much more entertaining than anyone elses. I appreciated it.

Like Susie, Liz is also into hippy/ intellectual stuff. But she is girly. And extraordinarily dramatic about everything. Cracks me up. She loves to hike and camp. Loves the mountains. She graduated in modern dance. Loves jewelry, little gadget ornamental stuff. She loves talking about how unjust and blood-thirsty this world is. She loves talking about her relationships. Naturally. Don't we all?

Liz decided that she liked girls better three years ago. So she has had relationships with girls for the past three years. Which was confusing to me at first. But now i'm used to it. She is actually bisexual, but she wants to pick a side. So, I don't know what will happen. She was totally diggin some guy that sold her a necklace yesterday. Which made me very happy. I want her back on my side. Come on! Guys are F-ing sexy! Well, I know one that is! She got her lip pierced a couple days ago. It looks sexy. I would never do it. But hey, she works for some ultra granola type coffee place in SLC, so she need not worry.

I predict that Liz will marry a man when she's like 30 or something and has gotten all her drama schemes out of her system. She likes men deep down. I know it. ;)

So basically my two best friends are hippies. No. Actually, they would like to be hippies. But are in actuality both very clean and relatively drug-free and intelligent city girls. I love them both very very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home